POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : **** : Re: **** Server Time
10 Aug 2024 03:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ****
From: Shay
Date: 7 Dec 2004 09:40:23
Message: <41b5c0d7$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> However the "bevel edges" option available in many mesh and nurbs
> modelers will instantly round sharp corners on a surprisingly large
> number of complex objects.

I'm not suggesting that rounding mesh corners is by any means a novel
idea. Consider this in the same vein as radiosity or media tweaking.
Nothing new, just getting everything just right for a specific instance.

I think that it's easy for something to be beautiful when it's made very
well. I never intended to do anything with this except mess with the
edges, but I think the result is very attractive.

/The knobby shape and a sort of a low-key, Nintendo, cartoon violence
vibe with the stars and brightish colors keep bringing the term 'monkey
fist' to mind./

The "perfect" corners IMO make this more interesting than it would
otherwise be. I think it might even look good in a little 5" frame,
though not my taste for wall decoration.

> Nice work.

Thank you.

  -Shay